http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Saturday, April 01, 2006

The End of Dayz

Well, I knew this day would come but it came suddenly and without warning. It is the end of days for The Showcase of Depravity.
You may have heard about one woman who googled "media wave" and found a post on this blog that she thought was directed specifically towards her? (it wasn't). Well, that was the first sign. Now our mocking and outright bashing of particular customers, or one in particular, has come crashing down on the whole structure.
I am sorry to report, but Paul J (owner) has forced me to put and end to this website because of a customer, a very rude and angry customer, who googled his own name and found the one post we wrote about a specific customer using his name.
Legally, I can't use his name and I had to edit it out of the post, but here is the infamous post in question: "Cheap Asshole". You may remember it from last summer, but I hardly remembered it myself.
When Paul brought this to my attention he took me in the back to speak to me privately. He had with him 1 letter from the customer that was so angry it was almost too hot to touch. You might say it was too hot to handle, but too cold to hold. He also had with him a letter from the man's lawyer insisting that if Media Wave didn't want any charges brought against it for defamation of character that we should disable the website immediately. I was shocked, and Paul was finally ready to kill me. I seriously doubt any real legal action could be taken in any form at all, but it's enough for Paul to be threatened. I guess if you read between the lines I did say that someone should beat him up, and I did threaten to use his credit card to charge expensive things on the internet. But there aren't rules about that, are there?

You live, you learn. Like Alanis said.

So, it's been fun people. We've learned a lot about human behavior and the workingman's experiences. Hopefully we've made some friends along the way, and hopefully we've made even more enemies.
Check out What The Balls? and Zombie Politics for further blogging as well as Brooklyn We Back for your radio sex pleasures.

Please leave us some love before it's over.

Much Love

-Jordan, Drew, Kina, Jeff, and anyone else who has helped make this blog possible. It truly was, and is still, a showcase of depravity.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Take this one to the supreme court.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I call April Fools.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger BloomingtonGirl said…

    I call April fools too.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dont i feel sheepish, i thought it was real for a second.....stupid april fools and me believing things.

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    im a pretty gullible person, but doubt this is an april fools joke.

    so yeah.. ims ry it had to happen.

    ~Jess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter