http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Our New Name/Address - Readers Choice! Please Respond!

I am determined to change the address of this website and make it legit for various reasons, one of which being the fear that customers I write about will find posts about them while searching for actual Media Wave information. Another reason is that there's way more that we could write about, if we actually commit to putting forth the effort we say we will, at least more than what Jeff says about hot sluts on myspace.

The question for you people is: what should the new address/identity be?
The 2 things I'm seriously considering right now are:
1. Keeping with what it is but making it just showcaseofdepravity.com - The Showcase of Depravity , as the website really is a showcase of human depravity, stupidity and weirdness of our culture.
2. My other idea was based on this memory/epiphany:
I remember in middle school some kids asked me if I wanted to be in The Pen15 club. They just take a black marker and write "PEN15" on your hand and then other club members give you candy and promise all sorts of awesomeness. But the way they write it looks like PENIS, so really you're just a tool with "PENIS" on your hand and you don't get shit.
That pretty much sums up my experience of asking for a job and now being a 4 year employee at Media Wave, so I think it's both appropriate and funny, while being inappropriate and sad - just like this website.
So choice #2: The PEN15 Club - pen15.com, or penfifteen.com or thepen15club.com or pen15club.com, or something.

other ideas include:
- zenguerilla.com, a reference to the back of the shirt worn by Doug, the most amazing character ever from "Ghost World", seen to the right:
famous for the line that we constantly use with Paul (who is Greek) at Media Wave:

Store Manager: We Greeks invented Democracy!
Doug: You also invented homos!

We generally model ourselves after him in everyway, from his mustache and haircut to his wifebeater sunburn to his numchucks, his diet of beer and slim jims, and his thoughts on Greeks.


**** New shit has come to light:
Zen Guerilla is actually a band and own the website zenguerilla.com
I guess the other option is zengorilla.com
i dunno...

- whattheballs.com - a classic choice of mine, a site name that I've been obsessive about for years but has been taken by a bunch of brokeback motherfuckers for a while and they wont give it up. other options include whatheballs.net, .edu, .whatever else. Also the name of my myspace blog which probably gets more readers than this does. It's always been a phrase I hoped would catch on with America, but has only really stuck with a choice few in Fairfield. I think it pretty much sums up our reactions to every stupid customer and DVD, and event in our lives that we would write about. Think about it... I think it's perfect, but I don't like the .net or any of that.

- rainbowparty.com - another really sexual and seemily gay reference. It refers to, of course, the legendary parties said to be thrown by teenage girls where a bunch of sluts wear different shades of lipstick and invite a few boys over and take turns slobbin their knobs, making the guy with the most colors on his dong the winner. That is also sort of a metaphor for Media Wave, and for life, really.
- owmytaint.com - Totally silly, nothing to do with anything. It'd be funny to hear someone say "OW! MY TAINT!" (For explination on what a taint is see here, or simply: 't ain't quite your asshole, 't ain't quite your nuts... it's right inbetween)
- metaboner.com - refers to both our obsession with calling things "meta" and our love of being sexually aroused. I'd never be able to give the address to any of my family members though.
- discoviolins.com - probably a Drew idea, but could be mine - I'm not sure. Woudln't have much to do with Media Wave, except our unanimous love of disco violins, but we plan to expand to bigger and more musical things as well as chronicaling human depravity.

There have been others, but I forget them at this time.
Of course I know that writing this post was a waste of time and thought because NONE of you jaggoff's ever reply to anything I ask. I would have just put up a reader poll like we used to, but theres something weird with the code and people complained that it takes too long to load (wow, that rhymed) and then I wouldn't have been able to give background info or pictures.

So, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, before I have to say Please one more time and sound like James Brown - respond to this post and tell me what you think. If I get no responses I'll have to just pick it myself and that will be that.
I plan on making t-shirts and stickers for whatever it ends up being, and there will be give away contests.

Thank you for your time and consideration
Other suggestions are welcome


-Jordan

7 Comments:

  • At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    showcaseofbrokebackmetaballsowyourdiscoviolinisinmytaint.com
    ....... aw the hell with ya not like your gonna listen to me

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger MFB said…

    You should call it "Turd Control" and it should be turdcontrol.org . That would be so great.

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i agree with max. though i wouldnt discount ".gov" it has a ring to it.

    -Carrie

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for all your help, everybody. you've all been of absolutely no use to me.

    -Jordan

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what about ghostparty.com?

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You really don't think Turd Control is a good name?



    ...communist.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you could do whattheballs.us

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter