http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, November 13, 2005

'Arrested' and on Death Row, '7th' is going to Heaven, and other clever puns...


I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell everyone this:

7th Heaven was CANCELED! Our society needs a family show with Christian values and we need it now, especially in thism post-911 world we live in. I've been addicted to the warmth and wit of 7th Heaven since it's first episode and I can't really imagine life without it. It was bad enough when they snatched Party Of Five from my fragile, aching hands, but now 7H? P5 and 7H weren't just cool because I could abbreviate their names to a letter and a number, they were just good, nay, GREAT TV, plain and simple. I tend to only like shows that have numbers in them. The networks just don't know what good TV is. 7th Heaven was the by far the best show on TV.


In other less important news, some show called Arrested Development was also canceled. I for one didn't really get that show. I mean, I guess they had unique and intelligent humor with a hilarious cast of characters, great writers, and won several Emmy's and unwavering critical acclaim for a reason, but come on... it was no 7H. I don't think anyone will be sad to see that one go. I guess you could say that their Development got Arrested, huh?

You can see clearly based on the pictures of each cast which show had more originality and quality. That's right, 7th Heaven.
-Jordan

4 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, Ruthie on 7th heaven got hot. I used to watch it like the first season and about a week ago I watched one of the new ones and I was like "Woah, what happened to little Ruthie!" It definitely caught me off guard.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, here's the deal...Arrested Development hasn't been canceled...yet. Fox cut down the episodes from 22 to 13 (they did a similar thing last season, from 22 to 18), which usually means that it will be canceled. This is a Emmy-winning and critically acclaimed show, so it still may have a chance.

    Personally, I hope beyond hope that it will not be canceled. It is my favorite show on!! But I hardly have any luck with favorite shows; they usually get canceled without a long run (see: Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me). Arrested Development is so incredibly clever and brings the Theatre of the Absurd to a wide (well, you can't really tell by the ratings) audience.

    Hoping to save the Bluths,
    Emily

    http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jordache, have I lost my mind or have you? Why is Jeeves of AskJeeves.com fame in the back of the cast from Arrested Development? I'm so confused.

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger MFB said…

    Can I just tell you that my entire family (including my father, who once declared "Religion is the cause of all wars") loves/loved 7th Heaven, and will most likely be devastated by this news. My god, I don't understand. Also, Arrested Development getting cancelled is so sad, and its a total tease because I thought it was all over after Season 2, but then they were like "No, 2 more seasons" and I was like "There must be a God, maybe I should watch more 7th Heaven..." and now this. Bastards.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter