http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I'm sorry, your rental history must have slipped my mind

This woman just came in and asked to exchange a video that she had just rented a few hours ago for something else claiming "my girls had already seen this one, get I get something else?"
Being a reasonable person I said "yea sure no problem"with a smile
and then she throws in "yea, you really should have said something if you knew we already rented it..." with a bit of an attitude
I'm sorry, what? I should have reminded you of what YOU rented? Are you mental?

How is it my responsibility to remind you want you've rented already? What if you wanted to see it twice?
Of course I would tell her the last few movies she rented if she had asked, but I had no idea what she had rented. I don't just go through customers rental history to make sure beyond a doubt that they aren't renting something twice. Try being responsible for yourself, lady. And don't give me any fucking attitude or next time I will say "Ma'am it's been 4 1/2 hours since you rented this item, that is more than enough time to watch this film twice and therefore I can't rightfully give you an exchange for something you could have just watched."

*sigh* people... right?

-Jordan

3 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In HELL, I hope she gets stuck watching the same bad movie ( It's Pat) over and over again while missing the ending.

    Revenge

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Or even worse! Star Wars with the Mr. Lucas commentary turned ON....of course with every other word missing, and the VCR will blink "Please be kind...rewind" every 1.2 seconds.
    Great blog! I am glad to have come across you! I am going to go blog about you on my blog now...instead of working wich is what I should be doing....later! Heather

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This story made me very angry for you. I explained it to my mom and she was angry for you too. I searched my mind to figure out why someone would act this way and I came up with a little theory. Maybe people don't know how rediculous they really are. Maybe if they could watch themselves after the day was over they would be appalled. But then again, if you could watch yourself at the end of the day you would totally censor yourself so you wouldn't look bad and the person on tape wouldn't be the real you anyway. I guess I just disproved my whole theory. There goes my dreams of being a scientist.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter