http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Do dogs have hands?

Tonight at work I decided that we should watch my absolute favorite childhood movie, the unparalleled masterpiece "Snoopy, Come Home". It's an emotional rollercoaster that shaped my life, and I am so unbelievably excited that it came out on DVD that I can hardly contain myself.

So in this film, Snoopy faces the problems of discrimination when he tries to go to the beach with Peppermint Patty but his fun is ruined by a sign that says "NO DOGS ALLOWED". What else can he do but pubically protest this injustice? So he has Woodstock type up a letter to the editor of the local newspaper expressing his outrage, and signs it with the stamp of his paw.
Sean and I had the following conversation about it, which he found quite interesting:

Sean: I think I want to write a letter to the editor of my newspaper that is stamped with a dogs foot print
Me: What makes you think it wasn't Snoopy's hand print?
Sean: Do dogs have hands?
Me: What do you think?
Sean: They have 4 legs, there are feet on legs
Me: except on dogs
Sean: huh? dogs have 4 legs... so 4 feet
Me: Yes: they have hands on their feet
Sean: ... whoa..... what you just said put me in another place.

I blew his fucking mind. He could hardly function properly for the rest of the day, which made today no different for him than any other day.

This is just a small example of the inane conversations that have been had since Sean joined the work force. Welcome aboard, Sean.

-Jordan

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter