http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, December 11, 2005

This blog is off the chain! what?

Here's a quick one about another comment recieved at the unprotected comments section of the Brooklyn We Back Blog (I added the bold):
I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
Please consider looking at my laser eye surgery ny blog.
Exsqueeze me? Maybe none of you radical dudes out their noticed the particularly screwy way in which this robotic comment was formed: They wanted to use some hip language, some real cool phrases, some down, jivin' words to make the kids relate to it so they threw in "Peep" and "Off The Chain" for good measure and combined it with square, totally melvin phrases like "I will return" and "please consider looking at my laser eye surgery ny blog".
First of all, is "off the chain" even a real phrase? I've never heard it before. Maybe when it tried "Off da hook" the computer freaked out and said "Error, Error, can not compute!" so it automatically changed it to the next most likely human wording.
Second of all, anyone who claims to spend a lot of time searching the internet would not have been raised with the awareness to 1990s urban slang like "peep", nor would anyone ever use it in that context... ever.
And then it comes from leftfield using language I can't even understand like "Airtight". Man, no one uses "airtight" on the streetz.

Lastly, do New York laser eye surgery people really have blogs and do they expect people to look at them? Is money really paid to advertising companies to set up these painfully inauthentic robospam commenters to get viewers on their medical oddity blogs? This whole thing is just so bizarre to me.
Anyway, I don't blame you if you skipped this one. But that comment was fucking off the chain! So I had to mention it since I got nothin else goin and I'm really busy not writing final papers.

-Jordan

P.S. On more Media Wave related business, a random woman came in the store today and said "nice blog". I said "Yea, I know". She said she found it while googling Media Wave Fairfield. She said that it kind of made her scared to come in the store in fear of getting publically ridiculed to my 2's of adoring fans. I told her she damn well should be and that I was implimenting a town wide "Scared Straight" program with this blog in order to correct people from their inexcusible rude behaviors and make them respectable people in a functioning civilization. I hope it's working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter