http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Spam-A-Lot

We've been getting a couple comments over at the Brooklyn We Back blog and I thought, as I am always tricked into thinking, that maybe this activity might represent someone having some kind of interest in our playlists and unique brand of radio humor... turns out it's just more spam-bots leaving false encouragement for broken dreams, as if to mock me, much like my parents and friends continue to do.
Here are the two recent comments that I really like. I've highlighted the best parts in bold because, well, that's just the kind of thing I do.

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
Check out my ear plastic surgery blog, please!
and
Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
Please come by and see my lasik laser eye surgery mcallen blog.
"I favor your site and shall return to it!" What kind of a lame robot is this? He sounds like some kind of a robot

It strikes me as funny that these automated comments have a whole bevy of adjectives like "Striking" and "Fruitful" to describe every blog and use the same layout every time. I guess they're just lucky that my blog is striking and fruitful.
Oh yea, and I would LOVE to check out your ear plastic surgery blog... I was actually thinking about ear plastic surgery the other day because my ears have always bothered me, I just think they are too perfect. I heard you could get them lowered, so I was considering doing that. I just didn't know where to go for a personal weblog account of the business until now!

Here are some older ones from The Showcase (what you're reading) that I dug up during the spambot reign of terror that controlled this blog's comments sections for a good few weeks:
Blogs growing in importance for businesses
Lisa Ayres doesn't know where she's going to find the 30 minutes to write about her business every day, but she plans on tracking them down.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a advertising campaign site/blog. It pretty much covers advertising campaign related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
(Lisa Ayres sure is determined to further polute the internet with boring accounts of her everyday life. Good for her!)
and
The Democrats ask: Where was Bush?
The Democrats ask: Where was Bush? The opposition party steps up its criticism of the president's handling of Hurricane Katrina.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a texas poker site. It pretty much covers texas poker related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
First of all, are these spambots on crack? They are robots whose purpose is efficency and to a lesser extent sexual pleasure. Couldn't they at least be programed to generate random spam comments that make any sense or that have all their parts relating to the others?
How does those filthy Democrats criticizing Bush have to do with Texas pok...
oh wait, Bush is from Texas... so that makes sense.

Secondly, I love the way they phrase things. "I have an advertising campaign site. It pretty much covers advertising campaign stuff"
So wait, back up. You have an advertising campaign site? Well what could that site possibly be about?...
OOOHHH, yea right, so your specific product-based website generally focuses on the specific product it's based on? I guess that does make sense! Good thing you clarified what your blog was about, now I'll go read it when I get a chance.
And it's computer generated to relate to the common man with phrases like "pretty much" and words like "stuff", so it doesn't sound inhuman and computer generated. It's like... advertising, pretty much... but it's also like, social commentary and a few rants from the morning commute and stuff. So like, I can relate to that kinda stuff, ya know?
I love how I'm refering to the spambot as a person... God, it's sucking me into its circuit-thinking already!

Anyway, that's all for now. More *real* posts on their way which will be chock full of boring accounts of my day at work, social commentary and rants about my morning commute.

-Jordan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter