http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Another "Your Mama" Video... (you were going to get it from someone, it might as well have been me)

I'm not exactly sure what this is or why it is, but it just is. I got this in an email and I thought I'd be good enough to pass it on the legions of devoted fans of this website, so once again America, I give you what you want:

http://www.greentowel.com/images/qt/GreenTowel_yourmama.mov

Another music video about "Your Mama", but unfortunately this time it isn't Mr. T telling you to respect mamas, no no... this is far from that. (but click that link anyway)

This video is like a gentle but threatening mix of Napoleon Dynamite, Jimmy Fallon and Beck circa "Midnite Vultures" (think "Debra", and if you can't think "Debra" then go buy the album) and is set, as far as I can tell, in the Rainbow Race world of Mario Kart 64 (the best video game ever made). Sounds like heaven, right? Most of my dreams take place in that Rainbow world. Check it out.
My favorite part is at the very end when the school hallway turns into a disco floor which was another dream I used to have throughout high school, one of the few dreams of the dry variety. Or was it?

Other amazing video posts: America We Stand As LAME!
and of course Mr. T Respects Your Mama (AKA BEST VIDEO EVER)

-Jordan

quick unrelated TV sidenote: I'm writing this while watching my mom watch another emotionally stimulating show called "Beach Girls", and I just caught the line "you're under arrest... for extreme hotness". seriously.

and is it just me or does hearing the words "BLOOD STAINS" in a laundry detergent commercial make you cringe and think of either violent crime/rape, virgin sex or menstruation? I know it makes sense and you wanna get those stains out with your new bottle of "All" or "Biz" or maybe even "Gain", but my mind wonders where those stains came from. Makes me think of that hilarious scene American Psycho....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that if you have blood stains on your laundry you have bigger problems to worry about, like hiding the body, then getting your whites white again.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger MFB said…

    There's just something really unsettling here. If there was just a straight White-guy-crooning type parody that would be one thing, but all the special effects and colors and shit really make it totally incomprehensible. Oh well.

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Jordan. That was the weirdest most ridiculous song I've ever heard and the most insane video I've ever seen. I'm not even sure that guy knows what he's saying. English is obviously not his first language. But, I have to admit it did grow on me after about the five hundredth "Who's lovin your mama?"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter