http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

R. Kelly Cliff's notes

Well, it was bound to happen... since I'm a lazy little bitch and I don't get advertisers paying me to have a website, I didnt quite get around to my (maybe) forthcoming R. Kelly "Trapped In The Closet" post analysis. Although we did a half assed commentary on the entire urban operetta on our R Kelly edition of BROOKLYN WE BACK, it didn't quite cut it for me... and now someone else has done it better. Alas, whoever wrote it, it now exists, and it is stupendous:

R. Kelly's Trapped In The Closet Cliff's Notes

While you're at it, check out Pitchfork Media's RIDICULOUS review of R Kelly's new album "TP.3: Reloaded" which includes the infamous 5-part soap opera song and the music video. Their review starts with the question "Is R. Kelly a joke or a genius?". Unforunately, they went with the latter.

More on this later...

2 Comments:

  • At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK I had heard a little bit about this Trapped in the Closet thing. So I went to R. Kelly's site and watched the videos for all 5 chapters in a row. All I can say is whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. PLEASE go do this now. This is one of the greatest gifts of popular culture to the white ironic hipster since, I dunno, 8 Mile.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    8 Mile is awful awful awful.Eminem sucks and just because Lose Yourself is the LEAST ANNOYING song he has ever made, it doesn't mean its good. Go listen to Ghostface Killah or something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter