http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Back to Basics

So, I look down at the bottom of the page and I see that our blog is, like, totally fucking popular. (I was away this weekend, roughing it in the wilderness of Vermont, so I was totally unaware of our surging thrust of hardcore viewer-ship.) This has me very excited, because people are actually looking at our blog, several times a day maybe, back and forth, back and forth, with almost orgasmic delight. (Okay, I’m done.) But at the same time, it troubles me deeply. Chris C. was the first one to point out that our blog had lost it’s indie edge, which of course is why we started the blog and why we commit so much time to it. If we don’t have our indie edge, what do we have? ANSWER: NOTHING.

Now is the time that we should be focusing on making the best fucking possible blog. That means stories that aren’t merely amusing or anecdotal but downright gut-busting. That also means: if you make pointless and shitty comments, there are some Republican blogs out there wanting to protect fetuses and kill gays (in that order), so let them have an earful and stay off our boards. It means more posts by Kina (who has some perspective as well as the ability to put a cohesive sentence together) and Jordan (who is beautifully profane). Blood-dripping heavy metal counters are all well and good, but we’ve got to give them a reason to come back, again and again, until climaxing in laughter. (So I wasn’t done.)

Let’s get back our edge. I think it’s great that Jeff loves the blog we created and I appreciate his posts, but exposing it to every-single-fucking-person-in-the-world is obnoxious. Please, for the love of god, let’s remember we got into this for the music. And to make fun of Paul.

Welcoming all new fans and kicking out all the useless ones,

Drew.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Brenford . . . you're a serious downer!

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have one of you "Einsteins" checked to make sure the counter does not count multiple visits from the same IP address?

    Thank you..... The Voice of Reason

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    i dont know the voice of reason is, but yes this Einstein has thought of that. I realize that the counter counts reloading the page and repeat visits and what not... that still accounts for at least double the viewers we thought we had. I know this because im pretty sure I visit and reload this page more than anyone else in the world, and thats only like 10 times. on a good day... and sometimes that goes for days without me checking it. I remember that from the last time i checked it there were between 65-100 hits. that cant ALL be Chris reloading the page when he's bored at his job. I realize my brother has probably increased the hits number quick a bit because he Comments more than I blog.

    whatever.. its still a lot more than i thought it would be. Im probably going to put another counter in that tracks each unique hit instead of repeat visits or reloads... but that might burst our bubble and i dont wanna do that..

    dont forget that this site is searchable on google and is linked to every blog that has that same Blogsnob ad box i have on the side there... that could account for some.

    -jordan, defender of truth

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    i think i figured out who the voice of reason is... its probably Chris F. my stupid coworker... i guess this because when i left work last night he, jeff, and jessica were all huddled around the computer and i think its safe to say they stayed that way til 8 or 9pm.
    i also guess this because he used the words "IP ADDRESS", and since he is a computer nerd and no one else has ever used technical computer words on this site before.... aha! im a genius.

    -einstein

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you should go back to the think tank "Einstein." First of all...I am not your co-worker Chris F. Second... if he is stupid, how can he be a computer nerd? Most computer-savvy guys I know are intelligent. Third...anyone with half a F*cking clue about computers knows what an "IP Address" is -- Which apparently excludes you Einstein!!!

    You are not a genius! However, you could be if you figure out who I am. Hint: I am a customer. I read the site (oh, another big computer word) when I want to laugh at pitiful people. Good Luck

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Jordan said…

    whether i figure out your identity or not all i really need to know is that you've got one hell of an attitude on you. what is your deal? I only know of one customer who i dont really know personally that reads this site.. i'm not sure why he would call himself the voice of reason. You obviously can't reason enough to find out that pretty much everything i say is a joke. My co-worker isnt actually stupid, but i guarantee most people who use their computers proficiently don't know anything about IP addresses.
    But I AM a genius.
    so whoever you are, be a man (even if you're a woman) and identify yourself. I dont need agressive anonymous posters making fun of me, its my job to make fun of people around here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter