http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, February 11, 2005

More Cell Phone Horrors

This is Drew, not Jordan, just to make that perfectly clear before I begin. Okay? We're clear? Crystal? Well, then...

This little desperate housewife just came up to the counter, gabbing away on her cell phone and waving her BMW keys in my face (attached to it, of course, a Fitness Edge card)... Talking the ENTIRE TIME I'm helping her. I said two things to her, in a cold, stern, authoritative voice: "Please type in your pin number" and "Four dollars." That's it. When she got her DVD helpfully retrieved by me she does this (which really pissed me off): she WHISPERS "Thank you." Making it completely obvious that the actual reality of the situation pales in comparison to whether or not her friend Marci is going to get a bikini wax or the full Brazilian.

I've decided next time someone comes up to me on their cell phone, I'm going to to turn to them, then turn back to the computer. "I'm trying to read about how Corey Feldman has just been subpoenaed to testify in the Michael Jackson trial," I'll tell her. "You go ahead and finish up your conversation, and I'll finish up with my good friend E! Online and when we're both done, we can talk."

(This is really what I was doing when she came up, by the way.)

Anyway... Just thought I'd add a volume to the continuing series of frustrated moments in cell phone abuse.

Drew out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter