http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Kina's Super Corny Epiphany (don't read while eating)

Tonight I had an epiphany. Really, I did. I realized, that sometimes, when you dust it off and look at it at the right angle, my life doesn’t suck. For a year now, I had been under the impression that it did - that God had a sick sense of humor and I had missed the punch line. But tonight as I walked to the kitchen for some double-stuffed Oreos, I realized that maybe my life could turn around and that, giving me Drew as an older brother was really the only joke God had played on me. Sure, I’ve packed my bags and boarded the Crazy Train a few times this past year, but I came to my senses and got off at the first possible stop. And while I may lose my cool a few times in 2005, I’m just thankful that I didn’t buy that lifetime train ticket that someone keeps trying to sell me. I want nothing to do with the Crazy Train anymore, nothing to do with anyone who is riding on it, rode on it, or is trying desperately to sit next to the captain of it. Because, while I still amuse myself by thinking of therapy and how fun it would be to pay someone to listen to me bitch and moan about my life - I’ve stared real crazy in the face and quite frankly its sad, lonely, and scary and that is something I’d rather not deal with just yet. I also came to the realization of how lucky I am. I am surrounded by people who take care of me, listen to me whine, talk crap about the people I’m pissed at, and in general give me something to look forward to when things are looking pretty bad (and believe me, things have never gotten as bad as they did in 2004). My fellow kings have always been there to talk, sympathize, make me laugh, and in Meggie’s case - make everything as uncomfortable as possible. The boys of Media Wave are always there for hugs and chick flicks that are so corny I vomit, but afterward smile. My partner in crime, Drew is always there with encouraging words such as "Tricky love da kids.", "Yea, but she's a troll and a hob-goblin is way better than a troll.", and "What the f?" And while mom still thinks she’s being super slick, I know about the bat phone she uses when I have one of my break downs ; "Drew, your sister was cryin’ today. Take her to a movie and make her feel better." I just thought I’d share this with all of cyberspace because a) I find it endlessly boring to write in a journal that no one but yourself will ever read , b) apparently this isn’t really a Media Wave blog anymore, and c) there is so much complaining and negativity on this site that I thought I’d lighten the mood. Things can only go up from here, right? . . . . Right? Kina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter