http://www.blogger.com/home ← Back to Dashboard

The Showcase of Depravity

This is the long hard truth. It goes extra deep.

"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." The Showcase of Depravity showcases... depravity. Wisdom and humor from the perspective of a few disgruntled (& sexy) video store professionals.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Asshole Burrito

Usually it's pretty hard for random strangers to piss me off, because normally they're more complimentary than rude, but today I met an exception to that equation. I know that its customary for posts on this blog to be about idiot Media Wave customers, but I think its just as interesting to hear about my own idiot customers from up the road at the Mexican food restaurant I work at. Which shall remain nameless since I don't know how my boss would feel about me trash talking customers.
Let me preface this story with a statement to those who don't know me; I am short. So today, a tall, middle-aged man walks in and he seems to be very happy and talkative, and I take part in a conversation with him about the virtues of the tequila in Mexico. I was wearing my King Ranch hat today, he noticed it, and asked me if I was from Texas. When I said that yes, in fact, I was, his response to me was "Well, they sure didn't make you bigger, did they?" My first instinct was to tell him that thanks to this guy I once knew, I found out that not everythings bigger in Texas, and the sooner he learn that too- the better. But alas, my boss was standing behind me, so instead I told him that if I had only stayed there a few years longer, the doctors told me I'd have reached 7'3". He laughed and then said," You know, I had a secretary once that was about your height, and people around the office would tease her. You know, playfully. Then one day, I made a joke and she got her feelings hurt." I said, "What did you say?". He said, "Well, I just asked her what it was like to be the last one to know it was raining. How was I supposed to know she'd have her feelings hurt?" Gee, maybe because she's an adult woman that can't even go to work without a bunch of idiot men making fun her . . . Obviously, I couldn't say this - and even though I'm the same height as the woman who he offended, and probably would have been offended, myself, its been a slow week in tips so I said, "That's weird that she got mad. That joke is really funny."
From this post, I hope the masses learn from this man's mistake. Don't tell a fat person a fat joke. Don't tell a bald person a bald joke. And don't tell me a short joke unless I need money, and then I'll think it's the funniest thing I've ever heard.
Kina

2 Comments:

  • At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah but fat people can get skinny. I hate fat people. They should die. I'll tell all fat people fat jokes and then curse their souls. Yay me I'm not fat anymore and I can be a hater!

    I don't get offended at anything and neither should you, dear, but at least you're the way God intended unlike those gluttonous fatties.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jordan said…

    you werent quite so outspoken when your bandmates were calling you a sumo wrestler in the video that was publicly shown to all your close and not so close friends.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Free Web Counter
Web Site Counter